Current Tenants

Access Your Tenant Portal

Click Here

Below are the Frequently Asked Questions from Tenants.




How do I pay rent?



  • Online: by clicking to access your tenant portal.
  • By mail:  Windermere Property Management, 615 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle WA 98109.
  • In person: you may visit our offices at either 615 Eastlake Ave E in Seattle or 12801 NE 85th St in Kirkland during business hours. We can only accept personal checks or certified funds from a financial institution.

How do I report a repair which needs to be done in my home?

Contact your property manager directly. If you are unable to reach your property manager, you may also submit a request to the office by emailing or calling 206-621-2037.

I want to get a pet. What do I do?

Contact your Property Manager first and inquire about the pet deposit and/or pet rent. If pets are allowed by the property owner, you will need to get approval and then fill out a pet addendum prior to bringing a pet home with you.

I want to move out, but my roommates want to stay. What do I do?

The remaining roommates need to have the financial means to qualify without a roommate. Otherwise, it is best to find a replacement roommate who will financially qualify, and the remaining roommates agree to the swap. Talk to your property manager about the changes as early in the process as you can so they can help you and your roommates find qualified applicants and sign the appropriate documents.

I want to add an additional person/roommate to the lease. What do I do?

Contact your property manager and the potential new tenant will need to fill out an online application (if over 18 years old). Once approved, they will be added to the lease.

My lease is ending soon, and I can’t decide if I would like to renew or move out. What do I do?

You will typically hear from your property manager 8 weeks prior your lease expiring to discuss next steps. You are always welcome to reach out to your property manager sooner to go over your lease-end plans. 

Who is responsible for paying for repairs and maintenance requests?

In most cases the home owner is responsible for repair. However, if the issue is found to be a tenant misuse, abuse or neglect, the tenant will be responsible for that repair.

When I move out, how do I get my security deposit back?

After you move out, a thorough inspection will be conducted, and you will incur costs of any damage to the property, less normal wear and tear. Your security deposit and/or a statement of charges will be postmarked to your forwarding address no later than 21 days after you move out.

What is considered an emergency?

An emergency is defined as a maintenance problem that will cause a safety hazard to residents or is imminently hazardous to life. A few examples would be no hot or cold water, heat or electricity. Contact your property manager immediately if you experience in emergency. If there is a gas leak, call the gas company in your area first, and if there is a power outage, call the electric company in your area first to see if there is a general power outage in the area. 

Will JMW Group notify me when a repair person is coming to my home?

JMW Group will give you a 2-day notice to enter, unless you agree to allow JMW Group’s vendor to enter your home on an as-available basis. There is no requirement for you to be present, but you must provide access to your home, with proper notice, for purposes of repairs. There is no requirement for JMW Group to give you notice if there is a suspected emergency, such as listed above, or a burst pipe.

You will see our available property listings on Craigslist, Zillow, Hot Pads, Trulia and under our website’s “Rentals” tab.

Schedule a tour of your new home today or apply online by clicking the link in the property listing!

Helpful Links

WA State Landlord-Tenant Law

City of Seattle Landlord-Tenant Law

Monthly Rent Auto Pay – ACH Tenant Form

Lead Based Paint Disclosure

Lead Based Paint Information Pamphlet